Thursday, May 14, 2009

TriZetto QNXT Hosting

About 18 months ago, my company decided to embark on a core system replacement project.  We sell health insurance, so our core system is used for processing claims, plan and benefit administration, and procuring new members and providers.  There were several reasons why we felt replacing our core system was a good idea.  Our old core system, GE IDX, was not designed for health plan administration.  And GE was about to end-of-life their support for this part of their product line.  Also the landscape of health insurance has been changing in Massachusetts for some time.  And we needed a core system that would help is be more agile when introducing changes, and helping us to stay ahead of an increasingly demanding list of customer needs.

After evaluating a handful of leading vendors in this space, we settled with TriZetto QNXT as our new core system.  We also decided to be the very first Trizetto Hosting customer (If you would like to hear more about how I feel about being “first” see my profile).  It’s for this reason that I decided that writing about QNXT and TriZetto Hosting would be one of the first topics I would cover in this blog.  I intend to write about

  • The good, bad, and ugly of our implementation effort

  • The TriZetto Hosting environment

  • The QNXT SDK

  • How we built our own QNXT Web Portal

  • And last, but certainly not least: custom code delivery, promotion and deployment

If you are a TriZetto customer like me, I hope you can relate to all or some of these topics, and that the things I have to write, will move you to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment